Self awareness is a huge achievement. Especially, if, you’ve been a sleep for a long time. I know I was.When we are self aware we, realise there are other people in the world who may actually have difficulties in their lives.
I definitely found this myself. I though, I was the only person in the world who had problems. If someone tried to relate to me I would lose it because “how could they understand” what I was going through.
I think it is very important to understand the difference between self absorbed & self aware.
Signs of self absorbed.
- Tend to always be on the defence (This was me)
- Try to impose their beliefs on others
- Very opinionated they have to be right all the time
- They can be very arrogant with extreme selfishness while hiding who they are
Signs of self aware
- Accepts feedback from others & appreciates it
- Very open-minded & enthusiastic
- Confident in your strengths but aware of weaknesses
- They are aware of their emotions & have a strong sense of self
When we become self aware there is a huge sense of freeing within us. Its like, a bolder has been removed from our shoulders. It is by no means an easy change to make. Considering, the fact, we have to realise there is something not right in the first place. This, in my opinion, is the hardest part especially when denial is a present.
It is very doable anything is possible you just have to believe it