Inner – peace is something we all want, yet, while looking for it the majority of us don’t know what the hell we are looking for in the process.
You see inner – peace just like music is not the same for everyone. One person’s inner – calm may be the idea of having a phone book so jammed they never run out of people to call on or someone who loves big parties while another’s may be reading a book.
To find your inner – peace you need to explore exactly who it is you are, not who you pretend to be. What I mean by this is we are all a little guilty of behaving a certain way or doing things a certain way with different people sometimes just to fit into a box. But when we do this are we being real with ourselves, nahhhhhh.
The number one failure for the majority of us with finding inner – peace is we don’t know where to start. And not knowing who we actually are is defiantly not going to find that inner – peace.
Unfortunately, we are living in a very fast paced technical world today. Full of websites like Facebook that is useful but cam also be harmful, not intentionally, but because people don’t understand their own mind and how it actually works. Facebook can’t be responsible for the way people perceive their own world, can it ? No of course it can’t but this is something a lot of people don’t understand. We see what we see, because, that is what we allow our minds to see.
The majority of us look at the next persons post and think
- Oh wow look at their life
- Look how happy they are
- I wish I did that
- If only
Bla Bla Bla we actually create our own misery participating in this mind garbage but the majority of us actually don’t realise we are doing it to ourselves with all the mind chatter.
If people just used Facebook as a connection tool instead of a competing tool they would be a lot happier.
Easier said than done considering as human beings we are always looking for the next best thing the present moment is never enough.
“Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”
Wayne W. Dyer
I believe the key to finding inner – peace is
- The search for your authentic self. Your authentic self is the one who knows how to be vulnerable without being so vulnerable that you leave yourself wide open to negativity from all angles.
- Find some sort of spirituality & my own definition of this is having the compassion & empathy to relate & understand from all angles.
- Finding the thing that makes you smile some sort of creativity. It is so important to have something that is creative & enjoyable for you on a daily basis if possible or even a couple of days a week but some time spend on what you love to do is so important. Find it and do it
- Being ok with you as you are today & everyday. Realise you don’t need other peoples approval to be happy or interested in whatever it is you are interested in. If someone doesn’t approve of you as you are that is their problem not yours. But, maybe you need new people in these cases. You will never find inner peace in the approval seeking of others. You HAVE to be ok alone, with you, as you are. If you’re not, ok fine, change what you’re not happy with but never let other people use your flaws against you. EVER !!!
- Do some good in the world find something meaningful & make it work. Remember, everybody’s meaningful will also be different.
♥♥ Have a lovely Day ♥♥
Written By Siobhan