Simple answer in my opinion is being so comfortable in your own skin that nothing can shake that feeling well not very often anyway 🙂
Sounds so simple but it’s not really that simple is it ? Unfortunately, what happens is a lot of people are not living by their own values, instead, someone else’s. And, that alone is certainly a way of never being happy.
The way to finding happiness for you is finding out exactly what it is you like not what you think you like but what you actually do like 🙂 If it doesn’t put a smile on your face or leave you feeling content then its most likely not for you.
You know those conversations you have with some people that just leave you feeling like mehhhhhh. Not through the fault of your’s or theirs, but simply because, you have very different views and a conversation seems like extra hard work. Well, that is what choosing other peoples happiness over your own does to you to.
“There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them.”
Anthony de Mello
- You should feel like a million dollars when you are happy and I’m not talking about walking around with your head in the clouds. There will be times when you think what the hell is going on but you will be able to handle it because you know what you stand for which will help you make decisions based on YOUR values not others.
- Keep doing the things you love to do. A big mistake a lot of us make is, we allow life to take over or even worse that negative voice that can literally put us off everything very quickly, making us just exist not live. When you hear that voice creeping in you have to know you are the one in control and push it straight back out with the positives or it wins.
- Make decisions that will benefit your life, always, not in a selfish way but in a selfless way towards yourself. One of the biggest mistake a lot of people make is making others happy first & guess what ? Thats is the quickest way to finding your own misery. Help people yes, put them before yourself & need, never !!! “Being extremely honest with oneself is a good exercise.” Sigmund Freud 🙂
- Make some lists for yourself of things you would like to accomplish & as slowly or quickly as you like, fulfil them.
- Finally find as many reasons as possible to smile every single day. A smile a day keeps misery at bay.
Have a lovely day
Written By Siobhan